GLOBALSAT BU-353 USB GPS Back to Valhalla's Mooring Page
One of the very popular and reliable 'hocky puck' USB GPS is made by Globalsat.
1. SiRF Star III High Performance GPS chipset
2. High sensitivity (Tracking Sensitivity: -159 dBm)
3. Extremely fast TTFF (Time To First Fix) at low signal level
4. Support NMEA 0183 data protocol
5. Built-in SuperCap to reserve system data for rapid satellite acquisition
6. Built-in patch antenna.
7. Super-cohesive magnetic for mounting
8. USB interface connection port.
Like all hardware devices this unit must have a driver installed that matches the operating system.
Drivers can be downloaded from the Globalsat Support page or from the following links:
BU-353 driver for Windows XP BU-353 driver for Windows Vista BU-353 driver for Windows 7
In addition, a useful program for checking incoming GPS (and AIS) data can be downloaded from the Globalsat Support page or from here.